Easy Tomato Sauce (for Pizza & Pasta)
Prep: 5mins. Cooking: 10mins. Serves: 4
- 3 cups crushed tomatoes (blanched)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil preferred
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. chili flakes
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat; add oregano, black pepper, and chilli flakes, sauté for few seconds add tomatoes, salt and sugar.
- Cook until tomatoes have become mushy and most of the water from tomatoes has evaporated. Mix the corn starch with 2 tablespoons of water and add to the tomatoes.
- Let it simmer for 5 – 7mins on medium flame, stirring occasionally until thick.
- Add 1 tsp. vinegar, cool and store in an airtight container, can be refrigerated and used within 1 week.