Chicken Tikka Pizza (Whole-wheat thin Herbed crust)
Prep: 45mins. Bake: 25mins. Serves: 4 to 6 (2 medium pizzas)
- 2 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. instant yeast
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp. Chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder (optional)
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 250gms ready-made pizza sauce
- olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4tsp. chili flakes
- 1/4tsp. oregano
- 1/4tsp. black pepper, freshly crushed
- 200gms Chicken, boneless tikka cubes
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 capsicum, sliced
- 1/2 cup sautéed mushrooms
- 1/2 cup parboiled broccoli (optional)
- 6 black olives, sliced
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4tsp. oregano
- 1/4tsp. black pepper, crushed
- Put yeast and sugar in a small bowl and add 1/4th cup lukewarm water and stir, let it sit aside for 10minutes.
- In a big bowl, place all the dry ingredients along with oil, add the yeast mixture and knead the dough, keep adding lukewarm water as required to make a soft dough.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl, and turn to coat the surface. Cover loosely with a cling wrap, and let stand in a warm place until it becomes double in size, for about 1 hour.
- Heat olive oil in a pan; add chopped garlic and sauté for a few seconds add chilli flakes, the ready-made sauce, oregano and black pepper.
- Let it simmer for 5 – 7mins on medium flame, stirring occasionally until thick.
The Pizza Base:
- When the dough is doubled, tip the dough out onto a clean surface and punch it down to remove any air pockets, and divide into 2 pieces for 2 medium thin crust, or leave whole to make one large thick crust (14” pan size).
- Preheat the oven to 190 – 200 degrees C for 15mins. Take a greased pizza pan and spread the dough and gently pull the edges outward, while rotating the crust with your fingertips until the circle has reached the edge of the pizza pan.
- Prick the surface of the dough with a fork and bake for 10mins.
(Pre-baking the pizza base without the toppings helps in keeping the crust crispy and prevents it from going soggy)
The Final step:
- Spread the pizza sauce and add 2tsp. grated mozzarella cheese to the baked pizza base.
- Top pizza with all the vegetables, herbs and tikka cubes. Add rest of the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes (depending on thickness) in the preheated oven, until the crust is crisp and golden at the edges, and cheese is melted on the top.
- For making the chicken tikka cubes, marinate the cubes with 1tsp. ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp. chicken tikka masala, 2 tbsp. yoghurt and let it sit aside for 30mins. Sauté it in 1tsp. oil and cook on medium flame for 20mins. (Salt is normally present in ready-made tikka masala hence no salt was added to the chicken).
- If the pizza sauce is too thin add 1tsp. of corn flour dissolved in 1tbsp. water and cook until thick.
- Use aluminium foil to cover the pizza pan and grease the foil before placing the dough on top to make clean-up easier.
- If you would like to make the pizza sauce from scratch please follow the recipe from https://momsbakeshop.wordpress.com/2016/04/26/tomato-sauce-for-pizza-pasta