Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Prep: 15mins. Bake: 40mins. Serves: 8
- 1 1/4 cup & 1 Tbsp. of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup of Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- 2 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1/4 tsp of Nutmeg
- 3/4 cup of Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp of Grated Orange Zest
- 1 1/2 cups of Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 cup of Raisins
For the frosting:
- 3 oz of Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp of Water
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Lay the bottom with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl toss together the carrots, raisins and the 1 Tbsp. of flour until all of the carrots and raisins are coated with the flour.
- In a large bowl mix together rest of the ingredients until well combined. Add the carrots and raisins and mix until they are well incorporated through the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for about 40 minutes or until when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- When the cake is ready, let it cool in the pan for a few minutes but then take it out and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, make the frosting by simply mixing all of the ingredients together until you get a nice thick frosting. If you need to, add a little more water by the teaspoonful to get a spreadable frosting consistency.
- Apply the cream cheese frosting and let it set in the refrigerator for a few minutes until the frosting begins to harden. Enjoy!