Vanilla Pound Cake
Prep: 15mins. Bake: 60mins. Serves 6 to 8
- 200gms unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Butter and flour a 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; add vanilla and salt. With mixer on low, gradually add flour, beating just until combined (do not over mix).
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool in pan 15 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack, and turn upright to cool completely. Enjoy!