Prep: 15mins. Cook: 30mins. Serves: 4
For the sauce:
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. celery
- 2 tbsp. garlic
- 2 tbsp. parsley
- 2 tbsp. chives
- 1 ½ cup Arborio rice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 4 cups vegetable stock*
- 1 ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tbsp. soft cheddar or fresh cream
Prepare the Mushrooms:
- Roughly chop and sauté the mushrooms in 1tbsp. of olive oil for 4-5mins. And set aside.
Prepare the Rice:
- In a pan heat olive oil and some butter, sauté some onions and then add garlic and celery.
- Add Arborio rice and mix well, then pour some vegetable stock until the rice cooks. (For getting perfectly cooked risotto rice, divide the vegetable stock in 4 parts and keep adding 1 part at a time to cook the rice). Keep stirring continuously with wooden spoon to prevent burning.
- Add both the cheese and stir well, salt to taste, pepper, chives, parsley
- Add the mushrooms to the risotto and a dash of parmesan. Enjoy!
- *For the vegetable stock I used 1 cube of Maggi vegetable stock cube to 4 cups of hot water, bring to a simmer.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir the rice, it helps keeps the rice grain from breaking.