Pineapple Cream Cake (No Bake!)
Prep: 20mins. Refrigerate: 3hrs. Serves: 6 -8
For the base:
- 100g of digestive biscuits or graham crackers
- 100g chocolate Oreo cookies* (8 cookies)
- 100g of Butter
For the filling:
- 400g Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 Cup of Lemon Juice (125ml)
- 400g Can of Crushed Pineapple
- 300ml of Whipping Cream
- 1tbsp. of gelatin mixed in 50ml of warm water** (optional)
- Yellow food coloring (optional)
Prepare the base:
- Grease an 8” baking tin with butter and apply parchment paper.
- Crush the biscuits in a bowl & add melted butter and mix.
- Layer the mixture on the base of the baking tin and keep aside.
Prepare the Filling:
- In a bowl, mix condensed milk and lemon juice
- Add the crushed pineapples, gelatin and mix well
- In a stand mixer with whisk attachment, whip in the cream and add 1 or 2 drops of yellow food coloring. Whip until stiff peaks are formed.
- Add the whipped cream to the pineapple mixture.
- Layer evenly in the baking tin & set in the refrigerator for 3hours. Enjoy!
- *You can use 200gms of digestive, if you don’t have Oreo biscuits; I used Oreo as I was out of digestive.
- **You can skip gelatin; let the cake set in the refrigerator overnight.