Prep: 5mins. Heat: 7mins. Yield: 1cup
- 200gm good quality dark chocolate
- 25gms butter
- 25gms brown sugar
- 125ml cream
- Add 1” of water to a medium saucepan or pot and bring to a very gentle simmer.
- Place a heat-safe bowl on top of the pot so that the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water. You want the steam from the water to gently warm the bowl.
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl and stir occasionally with a spatula until smooth and melted.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and use. If the chocolate sauce starts to become too hard, just put the bowl back over the simmering water.
- By using the steam from the water to heat the bowl, you avoid direct contact with the chocolate and allow the chocolate to melt slowly into a smooth sauce.
- Let it cool and store in the fridge covered with a cling wrap until ready to use.
- Before using just microwave the frozen chocolate sauce in intervals of 20seconds while stirring between the intervals, until you get the desired consistency.